elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Epic Review of 2010 Part 3

Sorry I'm late with the third part here, but I had a run in with 4 Loco on New Year's Eve and then this thing called a job got in the way. I have recovered and am ready to knock the top 5 albums of 2010!

5. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
The first track I heard was Ambling Alp and after that is was all over. I love the mix of electronic and organic sounds. Reminds me of Depeche Mode at times, and that's good. I Remember is a brilliant love song!

Favorite Tracks:
Ambling Alp
Madder Red
I Remember
O.N.E.
Mondegreen
Rome

Madder Red (Munk Remix)


Sweet Footage









4. Vampire Weekend - Contra
I know everyone is sick of Holiday, but the band is still great. I feel like this band suffered from a huge backlash of negative press because their first album was such a surprise success. Many times I talked with people and they told me how disappointed they were with Contra and that the band had sold out. I almost believed them, but really Contra is another great pop album. They have the same great staccato guitar, tight rhythm section and bizarre lyrics. Can't wait for album number three.
Favorite Tracks:
Horchata
White Sky
Holiday
California English
Cousins
Giving Up The Gun
Fight For This Love (Cheryl Cole Cover) Bonus



Sweet Video











3. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
It would be hard for James Murphy and the gang to make music I didn't like. I feel like the songs are written about the life I want to be living; hanging out with friends, being the real cool kids at the party mocking the fake cool kids, and Dancing. Awesome - I don't have anything else to say.

Favorite Tracks:
Dance Yrself Clean
Drunk Girls
One Touch
All I Want
I Can Change
You Wanted A Hit
Pow Pow
Home





LCD Soundsystem @ Webster Hall (4/12/10) from Jaime's Weekly Concert Alert on Vimeo.
 


2. The National - High Violet
1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
These two albums belong together on my year end list. Picking 1 and 2 is really pointless, they both played non stop on my I-pod and were the two albums I would go back to and listen to from beginning to end. Besides that enough has been said about how great these albums are.

Favorite Tracks:
Terrible Love
I'm Afraid Of Everyone
Anyone's Ghost
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Lemonworld
Runaway
Conversation 16
England













Favorite Tracks:
The Suburbs
Ready To Start
City With No Children
Suburban War
Month of May
Wasted Hours
We Used To Wait
Sprawl II












And now I'm out....Best Song of the Year:

No comments:

Post a Comment