elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cheet Sheet #18 2011

Mister Heavenly - Pineapple Girl source Everybody Taste
Band members from The Islands, Modest Mouse, and Man Man you expect high quality and they deliver. An easy going up tempo tune. I enjoy the mix of guitars and keys. I like the song in the 1st video posted below even more. Oh yeah, actor Michael Cera is also the touring bassists.
New album Out of Love is out on August 16th
Band Website





Milagres - Glowing Mouth source Gimme Tinnitus
I love the falsetto vocals and the tamped out keyboard rhythm. Ends with a great little fade to black. I love this song! Repeat.
New album not out till Sept. 13 - go the Bandcamp for old music
Band Website

Oh Land - Son Of A Gun source Winnie Copper
This is pop music in the same vein as Katie Perry or Beyonce but this, some how isn't as cheesy, I guess because it isn't overblown. This should be on the radio and everywhere. I like.
Self Titled Album is out now
Band Website



Beirut - East Harlem source tsruradio
This sounds fantastic. Beirut have been an indie favorite for a couple years now, but I have never given them enough time. I can remember listening and being turned off by his voice, but something about this song clicked with me. So now I have gone back and tracked down some older tunes, the video below is another great one.
This track is from a 7 inch that you can buy on tour.
Band Website



Stephen Malkmus - Senator source Unecassary Umlaut
Sounds like Malkmus, nice smart ass lyrics and a jangly guitar. This is not my favorite track ever but I have incredibly high standards when it comes to Pavement/Malkmus. Still looking forward to the new album. I'm guessing the dirty chorus is a reference to all the recent political sex scandals, but really I guess those scandals are always happening. Below is a pavement video, because every chance you have to listen to Pavement...you should!
New album Mirror Traffic out August 23
Band Website

No comments:

Post a Comment