elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cheat Sheet #11 2011

The Weeknd - House of Balloons from Pitchfork
 Nice head bouncing beat and you can download the whole album for free from their website. Like most hip-hop it is sexual and party centered but has great sounds and some great effects to keep the ear interested.
 The album House of Balloons is available now from the band website.





The Woods - Pushing Onlys from Old School
Instant hit for me. Love the lo-fi sound of the recording and the vocals add to the idea of the band crammed in a room spilling their hearts out onto a tape machine for everyone to hear. The spaceship taking off at the end seals the deal.
Album Sun and Shade out June 14
Band Website





Low - Especially Me from Buzzgrinder
Low - Try To Sleep from Planet A Pop
Low has a very recognizable sound and one that I don't want to change. I'm impressed with their ability to make slow music so interesting. In concert I have seen perform at low volume levels and all these little tricks they use work in capturing the attention of the audience. Try to Sleep is one of my favorites for the year so far.
Album C'mon out on April 11th
Band Website


Low - Trailer for New Record, C'mon from Sub Pop Records on Vimeo.

Boat - Changing of the Guard from Guerolito Music
Reminds me of the band Hum (who I love) from the 90's. Big expansive rock guitar sound. I love the line "There is a changing of the guard, I'm cleaning dog shit out of my yard." they don't take themselves too seriously and they make good rock music.
Album Dress Like Your Idols is available now
Band Website

BOAT "Children of the Revolution" (T-Rex) Hiss Like Your Idols from Magic Marker on Vimeo.

Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean from Earmlik
Fleet Foxes - The Plains / Bitter Dancer from Austin Town Hall
Lots of hype on this album and it sounds like they have done it again, a great 60's or 70's hippie sound without the cheesy nostalgia. The harmonies are still on point. This should be a perfect album for spring and early summer. I know I'll be listening as I'm outdoors enjoying nature.
Album Helplessness Blues out on May 3rd
Band Website


So long LCD Soundsystem:

1 comment:

  1. I am going to see Fleet Foxes in May. SO excited. That song Helpless Blues is worth a FULL POINT.

    ReplyDelete