elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Low Anthem



From Providence, RI the Low Anthem were one of my favorite discoveries of 2009. I heard about them from listening to NPR All Songs Considered coverage of the Newport Folk Festival. They use an array of instruments and produce mellow and sometimes sad music that sounds like it was inspired by the great depression. Makes sense, since that is what we are in now. The songs are simple but well composed. I find myself humming along all the time and get the tunes stuck in my head while at work. This is great driving music. In other words I recommend them highly if you haven't heard of them yet. So the whole reason for the post was to let you know you can check them out on NPR All Songs Considered again, this time on tiny desk concerts. 
Here are some bonus videos from their album "Oh My God, Charlie Darwin."


No comments:

Post a Comment