elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cheat Sheet #10 2011

Time is of the essence and I don't have any. Busy with lacrosse last week even though we had two games rained out. This week I got two more coming up, but if time allows and I can get them posted I have a bunch of great tracks to bring in spring. Anybody have any suggestions for music that reminds them of spring and the changing weather? Enjoy this week - the only bands posted that I know anything about are Bill Calahan former Smog man and Yacht. The rest of it is brand new to me, so lets see what sticks. If you got the time, become a member and follow me and tell your friends

Bill Callahan - Baby's Breath from Everybody Taste  
His voice and simple accompaniment is so effecting. This is the type of music I now obsess over. A Must buy!!!!!
New album Apocalypse comes out April 19
Band Website






Acid House Kings - Are We Lovers Or Are We Friends from Indie Rock Cafe
A throw off track really. I like to include 5 bands every week so these guys are number five. Swedish pop which that country knows how to do well. Perfect for fans of Peter Bjorn and John or Belle and Sebastian.
Album Music Sounds Better With You out now
Band Website




Typhoon - The Honest Truth from The Kitchen Turntable
A large band with a dynamic sound. These guys follow the credo of making a joyful noise. A discovery through NPR's coverage of SXSW.
EP A New Kind of House out now
Band Website


tUnE-yArDs - Bizness from Oh My Rock
I avoided this when I first saw it posted on blogs because I didn't like the band name with the lower and upper case mix. Just didn't look like a band that takes them seriously. I was wrong - the music is the brain child of Merrill Garbus. She is weird and wacky but serious about making good music. It was the video below from NPR - All Songs Considered that sold me on the music
Album WHOKILL is out April 19
Band Website




Yacht - Dystopia (The Earth Is On Fire) from Everybody Taste
Hot off the blog presses, this track is a great play on the "The Roof Is On Fire" by Rock Master Scott & The Dynamic Three and signals that Yacht will still be around the blogosphere for another 6 months. Another sign they will be around is they are on the DFA label. Only listened to this once, but it sure is catchy.
New album Shangri-La out this summer
Band website

Bonus Video: The Roof Is On Fire by Rock Master Scott & The Dynamic Three

Bonus Video: Fire Water Burn - Bloodhound Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment