elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Monday, March 7, 2011

Cheat Sheet #8 2011

Settling into a routine of posting just once a week and I need to break that. Got some great ideas for some mixtapes, just need to find some time to put them online. Let hope for a quick week and a slow weekend. Enjoy!

Kurt Vile - Jesus Forever from Dyson Sound
Kurt Vile - In My Time from Line of Best Fit
Really like the peaceful easy feeling of this music. This will be an absolute buy. I have heard about this guy before, but never committed the real time to listen.Glad I found this, has that cool Even Dando sound.
From the album Smoke Ring From My Halo available tomorrow March 8th.
Band Website



Summer Camp - I Want You from Off the Radar
Thumping electro-beats (from Jeremy Warmsly) with a simple message from female singer Elizabeth Sankey. This UK duo is hot right now. I really like this song. It is very repetitive, but just when I start getting bored a little something changes to keep me hooked. No date or name on album yet. A lot of these tracks are being thrown out there, because everyone will be down at SXSW trying to hype themselves.
Band Website


Dum Dum Girls - He Gets Me High from You Set the Scene
Some serious contrast to the previous track. This one is all balls from four chicks who rock. I love the sweet vocals in contrast to the heavy guitar distortion. The EP also includes a great cover of the The Smiths - There Is A Light.
From the EP He Gets Me High out now
Band Website




R.E.M. - Discover from Tsururadio
R.E.M. - Oh My Heart from Direct Current Music
I'm counting on this being the Amazon.com deal for Tuesday. So far I like everything I hear. Really looking forward to this album. Harkens back to the R.E.M. of the 80's.
Album Collapse Into Now out tomorrow
Band Website



Arctic Monkeys - Brick By Brick from Culture Bully
I hear the Queens of the Stone Age and The Kinks. I like when this track slows down and kicks back in. Think I need to listen to this at max volume while driving. It took me two listens to realize I love the direction that the Arctic Monkeys have gone in, Humbug was a pretty good album, here is to hoping for even more with this next one.
No date or album name yet.
                                                         Band Website



Bonus!!!
Art Brut: New track available below by inputting your email.

No comments:

Post a Comment