elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cheat Sheet #9 2011

Normally I like to feature 5 bands, but with lacrosse season going on I'm lucky I even got something posted this week. Enjoy, everything here is great. No slackers this week. Become a follower or leave a comment if you dig it.

Okkervil River - Wake and Be Fine from Tale of the Tape
Another track from the new album made available, Can't wait for this one. Without a doubt one of my favorite song writers and love the intricate sound.
New album I Am Very Far out May 10th
Band Website

Generationals - Greenleaf from Everybody Taste
Generationals - Ten-Twenty-Ten from MUF
The Greenleaf single is ok, but the song  Ten-Twenty-Ten and video below are great. I have been waiting for this full length album since I first heard the song and EP Trust back in early December. Great pop music. If you like Peter, Bjorn, and John then you will be a fan of these guys. I am sure they will be making a splash at SXSW this week.
Album Actor-Caster out March 29.
Band Website

Ten-Twenty-Ten by Generationals from Jubadaba on Vimeo.

Sonny and the Sunsets - I Wanna Do It from Sloane Ranger
A throwback to 50's group and the summer jangle guitar that is so popular now. I know very little about this band except that they are on Fat Possum records that has been putting out lots of good bands this year. The only other tidbit is that lead man Sonny Smith did a project were he recorded 100 singles by fake bands or something.  Looks like I'll be busy looking into that this week.
Album Hit After Hit is out on April 12
Band Website

The Naked and Famous - Young Blood from All Things Go
Recommended by my friend Jeff. My first listen was today and I like it. It reminds me of ??? someone else, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Someone help me out. Nice new album check it out.
Album Passive Me, Aggressive You out now
Band Website


No comments:

Post a Comment