elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cheat Sheet #19 2011

The Weeknd - The Birds (Part 1) source Listen Before You Buy
This guy drops another smooth jam. R&B is very far from my wheel house, but this works because it has suck a tasty beat.
New mixtape supposedly out this Thursday June 23
Band Website


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Same Mistake source My Blog Cliche
A return to form. Really love the song, but it does have a very similir beat to "Yellow Teeth." I hope the album can hold up, the short video clip below is like a royal sampler and it has some more good sounds on it.
New album Hysterical is out Sept. 20
Band Website


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Hysterical from CYHSY on Vimeo.

White Denim - Drug source Gorilla Vs Bear
Nice and easy pop music with a touch of pscydelia. This reminds me of the Posies from the 90s with out any over the top guitars. Turn the volume down if you watch the connected video.
Album D is out now
Band Website



Cool Kids - Swimsuit (feat. Mayor Hawthorne) source The Chuckness
Great song for the summer. A nice drum beat and swimsuit theme. This is way cooler then anything I will do this summer. I think I'll write a sweet tune about going to Disney World.
New album When Fish Rid Bicycles is out July 12
Band Website



Future Islands - Before the Bridge source Listen Before You Buy
I really like the intro to this song, then the voice comes in and I was caught off guard. I listened again and the shock was gone. A distinctive voice and good sound.
Song is from a new 7 inch out next week
Band Website






Bonus: Jens Lekman - Cowboy Boots (live acoustic) source One Thirty BPM
Jens Lekman - Cowboy Boots by One Thirty BPM

No comments:

Post a Comment