elbo.ws mp3s

mp3 blogs

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Late Night Viewing

An attempt at a new and useful segment, hosting what I consider to be the best live performances from late night TV and the such. Late night TV is one of the few places you can see new and up coming bands along with some of the old standards of rock. Since I'm in the married with children category this is one of the only options I have for seeing what a group is like. Its no where close to the experience of a concert but at least it gives me a taste. There is a lot to get through here but leave a comment with what is your favorite from the week.

Eddie Vedder - Without You (Letterman 6/20/11)
Still has a great voice. He has carved a niche for himself making ukulele music. I don't see any current competition there.


Bon Iver - Holocene (Fallon 6/21/11)

Beautiful as always.


Raphael Saadiq - Day Dream (Leno 6/22/11)

I can understand why this is popular.


Noah and the Whale - Life Goes On (Letterman 6/23/11 US TV debut)
Good performance but a couple critiques; even more nasally then the record and seems to lack energy.


The Antlers - Every night My Teeth Are Falling Out (Leno 6/23/11)

Sounds strong, and he is really feeling it. Ends with a great chaotic sound and they get to shake hands with Justin Timberlake!


Thurston Moore - Blood Never Lies (Fallon 6/23/11)

Very different. Reminds me of an acoustic version of this old DC band called TONE.


My Morning Jacket - Holdin' On to Black Metal (Conan 6/23/11)
Horns, a chorus, and an intense guitar solo bad A.


Archers of Loaf - Harnessed In Slums (Fallon 6/24/2011)
TV Debut from this old school indie band.

No comments:

Post a Comment